So I missed my Monday, Fun Day post and have been feeling like a real “turkey” for not getting it done. Therefore, I have decided to post a recipe based on turkey. It is an easy, no cook recipe (no heating the oven on scorchingly hot nights like we’re currently having, yay!) ready to satisfy your hunger in minutes. With seven simple and healthy ingredients, you have the makings for my Turkey Radicchio Salad.
- Oven Roasted Turkey Breast – 1 cup (buy pre-baked turkey at the grocery store)
- Radicchio – 4 leafs
- Dried Cranberries – 1/4 cup
- Pumpkin Seeds – 1 Tbs (15 ml) *can add more if you like them as I do
- Avocado – 1 whole
- Zucchini – 1/4 cup
- Feta Cheese – 1/4 cup
Simple preparation steps:
- Chop the turkey, zucchini and avocado into bite size pieces and toss into a mixing bowl or large salad bowl.
- Chop the radicchio into slices for easy eating and add to the bowl.
- Add the dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds and feta cheese to the turkey, radicchio, zucchini and avocado. Add the spices and seasonings.
- 2 Tbs (30 ml) of dried oregano flakes
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 ml) black pepper
- 1 – 2 tsp (5-10 ml) seasonal salt
Toss everything together with olive oil to taste and voilà, dinner is served!
This makes enough for two (Spaceman and me). If you want more, increase the amounts above to fit your needs. Also, I served this salad with some pretzel balls to scoop up any last bits of salad our forks could not get. Enjoy!