(picture by Papa Lima Whiskey)
Today is the day we Americans take time out to celebrate our country’s presidents — some we appreciate more than others. One of my personal favorite presidents is Abraham Lincoln, our 16th president of the United States. He was a man of great character and great quotes. Here are five worth reflecting on:
- If I were two-faced, would I be wearing this one?
- Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.
- The struggle for today is not altogether for today — it is for a vast future also.
- America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.
If Lincoln is one of your favorite’s too, visit the Abraham Lincoln Memorial in Redlands, CA.